Portland, Oregon 97201
971 – 303 – 8233
Generative AI: Proficiency in Generative AI Prompt Engineering and applications.
Design Software: Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.), CorelDraw, FlexiSign.
Office Suites: Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Workspace.
Embroidery: Experienced in Pulse Embroidery software.
Building Information Modeling (BIM): Experience in Autodesk Revit and Trimble.
Operating Systems: Proficient in Windows Desktop/Server, macOS (OSX), Linux, and Virtual Machines.
Cloud Computing Platforms: Experienced in Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and self-hosted cloud environments.
Hardware Repair and Diagnostic: Proficiency in diagnosing and repairing server systems, desktop systems, laptop systems, IoT systems, printers, cameras, and mobile devices.
Phil Gear Graphic Design + Web Development – Portland, Oregon
Freelance Graphic Designer and Full Stack Developer | March 2000 – Present
- Established local businesses using advanced technology in consultation with Venture Capitalists.
- Developed over 30 industry-first websites for diverse clients, organizations, and businesses.
- Revamped websites and improved content for 30+ international B2B, B2C, and Non-Profit clients.
- Detected and corrected grammatical, design, and code errors for enhanced search engine ranking and visual aesthetics.
- Conceptualized and designed engaging logos and brands for 30+ global clients after thorough SWOT analysis.
- Produced industry-standard artwork proofs and documentation for changes.
GearArts LLC – Portland, Oregon
Digital Media Consultant | March 2016 – Present
- Collaborated with 600+ photographers on social media to refine image editing and digital photography techniques.
- Partnered with 50+ digital artists both locally and remotely to create designs reaching thousands to millions of viewers.
- Consulted with 10+ corporate entities to boost technology awareness and establish influential brands in emerging markets.
- Investigated Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Content Creation Solutions.
Mile Point Event Productions LLC – Portland, Oregon
Public Event Supply Chain Operations Associate | March 2022 – Present
- Handled event setup and tear-down for sporting events, public events, and street fairs.
- Managed rest stop responsibilities including water distribution, lunch provision, and on-call first aid.
- Transported and retrieved event-related rental equipment and vehicles.
- Assembled supply kits for volunteers and event staff.
Block Party Barricades LLC – Portland, Oregon
Public Event Operations and Quality Control Specialist | March 2022 – Present
- Managed inventory and delivered event rentals, no parking signage, and barricades.
- Ensured maintenance and quality control of barricades and signage.
Axiom Event Productions LLC – Portland, Oregon
Traffic and Inventory Support Staff for Community Events | March 2022 – Present
- Delivered Portland Bureau of Transportation Greenway signage for safer travel.
- Distributed door flyers to homeowners and businesses, alerting them to street closures and community events.
Prime Now LLC – Seattle, Washington
Amazon.com Fresh Flex Associate | June 2020 – October 2021
- Prepared E-Commerce orders for delivery from online purchases in multiple warehouses
- Stocked and received goods from vendors
- Updated Warehouse Inventory and conduct Quality Assurance
- Suggested Innovative Intellectual Ideas to increase recruiting and product strategies
Prime Now LLC – Seattle, Washington
Warehouse Fulfillment Associate | August 2016 – January 2017
- Prepared custom orders for delivery from online purchases to be delivered in 1-2 hours
- Stocked and received goods from vendors
- Interacted with management to resolve any issues
- Gained supply chain knowledge and gave feedback in team building sessions
- Warehoused in a fast-paced team environment
Chartwells Higher Education Dining Services – Bowling Green, Ohio
Web Designer | April 2013 – November 2013
- Furnished team based, service-added-value marketing material to deliver to students by email, in a mobile application, or in the browser from proactive researched personal interest
- Devised a public nutrition kiosk to retrieve nutritional information with assistance from dietitians and chefs to encompass timely and effective information display
- Communicated in meetings with marketing team on campaigns weekly to encompass web ready versions
- Updated hours of operation of multiple dining halls, added event calendars, as well as updated time-based digital signage menus with designs and data using databases
Be Scene Advertising – Van Wert, Ohio
Graphic & Web Designer March 2008 – June 2010
- Met directly with clients to design websites, marketing materials, sales brochures, and video production elements
- Architected web hosting and domains for 5 clients
- Delegated projects and tasks to other specialized media creators and contractors
James A. Rhodes State College – Lima, Ohio
Information Technology Specialist March 2006 – November 2009
- Aided college IT faculty with field technical support on podiums, projectors, presentation automation systems, classroom clickers, distance learning, and students requiring accessibility features
- Laid the groundwork for events by setting up audio-visual equipment
- Upgraded portable laptops and laptop carts with latest Microsoft software
- Implemented equipment inventory tracking system campus wide
Creative Designs & Signs LLC – Van Wert, Ohio
Senior Graphic Designer and Print Production Specialist | March 2004 – August 2011
- Communicated with customers to develop over 1,000 custom designs were applied to a wide variety of items such as: apparel, signs, banners, business cards, brochures, vehicle graphics, and promotional materials
- Added the ability for custom graphic design vs. stock art to increase the company’s profits and market share
- Designed graphics on Windows based machines to output to large format printers to enable press operators to print 4 color processes and simulated processes with ease
- Digitized 30+ artwork files for embroidery on Tajima embroidery machines
- Trained 7 staff members on computer applications and printers
- Built an informational website and additional sales materials for prospective customers
Professional Freelance Portfolio Website – Portland, Oregon
Webmaster October 2009 – Present
- Five major code and content revisions and rebuilds over 13 years spanning shared hosting, to cloud hosting, to self-hosting
- Devised 5 different branding overhauls all along same logotype but better every time
- Combined new client projects to portfolios to expand upon previous work with new clients, year-after-year
Women Who Code IoT Hackathon – San Francisco, California
Graphic Designer, Photographer, Researcher September 2019
- Present collaborative initial ideas on projects regarding sustainable solutions utilizing IoT with 6 group members
- Bring, purchase, and architect personal equipment to enable computer programmers to work on latest equipment to build together a project idea for sustainability in homes
- Enlighten teammate health by contributing emotional support and 3+ coffee and snack pickups
- Devise documentation, enact field research, actualize branding choices, photograph product, and design a collective presentation to be reviewed by judges
BeMyApp Agency – Paris, France
Project Owner – Wacom Inkathon May 2019
- Stand up and present application idea to a crowd of 100+ and look for team members
- Connected others in the crowd to form super teams based upon individualized communications
- Led with Wacom project managers to field newcomers, and interns in computer programming to join teams to complete app ideas
- Interacted on Slack and in person to complete tasks based on idea
- Met a round table and presented idea, and then assigned tasks to others to complete before the final presentation
- Captured professional photos in an album for teams, speakers, and of the local environment to share with social media connections, friends, and family
LightTable Android Application – Portland, Oregon
App Developer January 2018
- Documented with tutorials on a website on how to utilize the app
- Promoted the app on social media, and on the Google Play Store through marketing channels
Phil Gear – Who? – Portland, Oregon
Electronic Music Artist January 2018
- Compose a musical track based off block letters on letters in name corresponding with different instruments and arrangements and artificial intelligence to create the visual work
- Edited a music video from photographs to overlay on the track and synced to the bassline
- Wrote an article about process, and promoted it on social media and music channels
Portland Community College – Portland, Oregon
Associate Degree in General Studies December 2021
Marketing with a Focus in Graphic Design / Web Development
- Phi Theta Kappa – Beta Epsilon Gamma/Beta Pi Rho, +STEAM Club
PDXWLF – Portland, OR
Super Volunteer February 2017 – Present
- Strike event for a public benefit to showcase art installations on a citywide scale for at least 250000+ attendees
- Filled shift positions such as Operations Crew, Art Crew, Hospitality Crew, and Crowd-counting
Google Maps – Mountain View, CA
Photographer, Local Guide October 2012 – Present
- Add 400+ Photos to help people discover places, reaching over 7.7+ million views
The Nature Conservancy – Portland, OR
Trail Builder, Networker, Tree Remover February 2019 – Present
- Carve out a hiking path and remove boulders, remove evasive species of trees, photographed the process and work group
Meetup.com – Portland, OR
Event Attendee and Group Owner December 2014 – Present
- Captured Photographs of Events and posted photos on the event pages
- Hosted a group for 6 months on Adobe Photoshop and Lightroom
- Attend over 300+ events on Art, Science and Technology